Thursday, January 19, 2012

An Update

My last blog entry was 4 months ago. In an effort to be more consistent, I have decided to attempt an entry a day for a while. God has called me to write. I don’t have much more direction than that, so this is my worship and obedience. My plan is to chronicle my life in hopes that it will help me and my readers as God fits together the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle I call my life.
A lot has happened since September; we found an apartment and moved to Nashville - (we are still trying to cram 8 1/2 years of life in this 2 bedroom space). We have parted with things I once treasured, and crammed a little too much into storage. On the upside, cleaning is easier, and I am amazed at how little we really do need compared to what I thought was necessary for day-to-day life. In September, I started selling jewelry for Guy and Eva. That went well from the beginning, but is very sluggish now as I am in a new town. I am struggling to get going again as I do not like the idea of asking people I have only talked to a couple of times. I can see that prayer is needed in this area. I also got a part time job working at the local YMCA in the Y Play department. God is growing our faith as we are financially challenged in our new budget, but we have been diligent to live within our means and he has honored that effort. God has shown us on a daily basis that he will provide for us as I continue to “mostly” stay at home with the kids and add balance to our lives.
We had the craziness and fun of the holidays, ate too much, and have FINALLY gotten into a routine again. Fisher started potty training last weekend. He is making progress, but it will take patience on all of our parts. He is so cute in those tiny tighty whiteys! Speaking of the little man, today is his 3rd birthday. As I type, he is snuggled up beside me holding his 2 crisp dollar bills that fell out of his sweet card from Neena and Poppy. We are going to play and do all things Fisher today. I am thinking of trains, cars, and waffles (any form of bread is his favorite food). Tomorrow night we will party with Nashville friends at Chickfila. Matt and I are both attending interdenominational Bible studies, and loving them. I pray that good friendships form as well as a deeper relationship to the LORD and increased knowledge of His word.
Forward Church is doing great. We started meeting at Murrell Elementary School on Sunday mornings. This enables us to have better facilities for ministry and frees up the church financially. The church is growing, and we are developing relationships. Matt has stepped into coordinating the set up and tear down crew each week. This week we are launching the kid’s ministry area. We are very excited to be a part, and we are hoping to start a 242 or Bible study soon. There you have it, the past 4 months in a nutshell. Now I don’t feel so bad about not blogging; we have been BUSY!

No comments:

Post a Comment