Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 New Year's Resoultions

   So, how many of us are coming out of our “Christmas Coma” today? The Simcox house definitely is. Daddy is back to work after 13 glorious days off, most of which were spent traveling and visiting with family. The kids and I start homeschool again today. I went to the grocery store last night so we could stop eating cookies and candy canes and calling it breakfast. 

   And that brings me to the resolutions portion of this post. We are fat. Just fat fatties. And dying for the first payday after Christmas. And I probably have a bunch of cavities now.  I started us back on Trim Healthy Mama today. (I’ll post about that later. Just google it.) Well, actually we are doing a modified version since I was out of everything and had sticker shock at Kroger last night. So I did not buy everything on my list. But I did buy three random Christmas items and like 10 bags of chocolate chips because it was all 75% off. WTC?! Which is always stupid because now I will have to go to Walgreens 4 times this week and pay double for what I actually needed. And I have 10 bags of chocolate chips to tempt me.

   I remember my mom would send dad to the grocery store when I was a kid, and he would come back without something...say, bananas. I vividly remember him exclaiming, “They were .43 cents a pound! I paid .33 cents a pound last week at Spring Street. So I didn’t get them.”  So it would have cost, like, less than a dollar more to just buy them??!? So here we were without bananas, and mom would go the next day to Wal-mart and buy $100.00 on other random stuff that we probably didn’t even need and forget the bananas. True. Story. Needless to say, my dear husband went to Wal-mart at 9pm last night to buy me contact lens solution. I have turned into my parents.

So here are my resolutions for 2015. (so far anyway)
Write on my blog, oftenish.
Eat on plan. (Trim Healthy Mama)
Use cash and stick to the budget. (This is rocket science for us.)
Exercise, regularlyish.
Teach my daughter to sew with the sewing machine.
Pray more.
Read the Bible more.
Abandon perfection.

   So far today I have nursed a baby twice, scrambled 7 eggs, cooked 5 slices of toast, washed dishes, changed 2 diapers, cleaned up pee all over the bathroom floor (mom of boys problem), and given 1 child a bath (hence the aiming pee problem). And it is not even 10 am. None of which are a part of my resolutions. Just life. So, I am choosing today to embrace the mundane, love my family, and I am posting this entry despite the fact that it is not as perfect as I would like. 

Here’s some of God’s word to get us all through!

“From the end of the Earth I will cry to you, when my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” Psalm 61:2

“When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Then you knew my path.” Psalm 142:3a

“Commit you way unto the Lord, and He will act.” Psalm 37:5

“Finally, be strong in the LORD and in his mighty power.” Eph 6:2


What are your goals for 2015? Let’s do it!


Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment